Skip To Main Content

Breakfast & Lunch Information

We are pleased to announce that Dr. Lena Edwards Academic Charter School (DLEACS) will be participating in the federal program Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) available to select schools as a part of the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program.

What does this mean for my student(s) who attend DLEACS? In a CEP school, all students receive a nutritious breakfast and lunch at no cost, regardless of family income.

Why is DLEACS requesting financial information?  All families will receive a Family Income Survey.             The information you provide by returning the Family Income Survey impacts the funding that our school receives from the state government. The Family Income Survey is used to capture information and ensure the DLEACS receives all of the funding it is entitled to for state educational programs.

How will this information be protected? In keeping with current practices, information that you share will not be made public.

What do I need to do? Please complete the survey when you receive it. Your assistance in helping us maintain our current funding levels is greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions, please contact DLEACS' food service coordinator, Ms. G. at (201) 433-5300 ext. 114. Ms. G also can be reached via e-mail at


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email: